Civil Trial Attorney
Since 1998, Alton C. Hale, Jr. has focused his practice on helping victims and organizations with legal disputes of the upmost consequences involving insurance claims, business litigation, construction defects, catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. He has recovered on behalf of his clients over $150 million over the years. Some recent results include:
- $3.5 million for bereaved parents in a case involving the death of their young child.
- $4 million for a property owner in a dispute with their insurer over a vandalism claim.
- $4 million in a construction defect lawsuit against contractors and subcontractors for a community association.
- $3 million in a breach of fiduciary duty claim against members of a corporate board of directors on behalf of a group of former employees.
- Over $50 million for associations in construction defect lawsuits against various responsible parties.
Early in his career, Mr. Hale served as an Assistant State Attorney in Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River and Okeechobee counties in Florida’s Treasure Coast. He honed his trial skills as the lead attorney in more than 60 jury trials while serving as a prosecutor in the state’s Nineteenth Judicial Circuit. Subsequently, Mr. Hale joined a nationally recognized law firm and litigated cases in multiple states.
Mr. Hale is admitted to practice by The Florida Bar, The District of Columbia Bar, The North Carolina Bar, The Mississippi Bar, as well as before the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, Chancery Court of Mississippi, U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern District of Mississippi, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western District of North Carolina, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Hale earned his Juris Doctor degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1993 and a Bachelor of Science with Honors from the University of Florida in 1990. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, National Bar Association, North Carolina Bar Association, Palm Beach County Bar Association, Palm Beach County Justice Association, and other various organizations.
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Property Disputes
- Probate Litigation
- Medical Negligence Defense
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Florida Bar, 1993
- District of Columbia Bar, 1999
- North Carolina Bar, 2000
- Mississippi Bar, 2000
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Chancery Court of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Northern & Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle & Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern & Western District North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- Past pro hac admissions in California, Georgia, Missouri, Nevada & Illinois
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1993, J.D.
- University of Florida, 1990, B.S with Honors
- Indian River Community College, 1988, A.A. with Highest Honors
Awards & Honors
- 2003 Distinguished Alumni of the Year, Indian River Community College
- 2002 L.B. Vocelle Pro Bono Commendation Award
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities:
- American Association for Justice – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- National Bar Association – Member
- North Carolina Bar Association – Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Member
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Member
- The Florida Bar – Member
- The Mississippi Bar – Member
Also Of Counsel to Siegfried, Rivera, Hyman, Lerner, De La Torre, Mars & Sobel, P.A.